January 16, 2012
1.약사면허 갱신절차가 약 1개월 늦어질 수 있다합니다. 면허증이 1월말에 만료되시는 약사님들은Renew를 서두르시거나 아니면 아래 Board of Pharmacy 주소로 직접 보내시기 바랍니다.
Licensees whose licenses will expire on January 31 or February 1, 2012. Please be aware that the renewal operations of the Department of Consumer Affairs are delayed about four weeks. Please renew so as soon as possible and mail to the PO Box Address listed on the renewal notice. Alternative: the Board of Pharmacy will process your renewal if you send the renewal to the board’s office (1625 N. Market, Suite N-219,
2. NABP 에 e-Profile ID Number 를 신청하시기 바랍니다…..앞으로 CE Credit을 electronically 저장하는 시스템을 도입하려합니다. 그러기 위해서는 e-Profile ID 가 필요함으로 아래 웹사이트에서 등록을 하시기 바랍니다
The e-Profile ID is now required to receive credit for any CPE activities taken from ACPE-accredited providers. To set up your NABP e-Profile ID, go to www.nabp.net
3. Medi-Cal Set a Date for AWP Update on Feb. 20, 2012. 지난 September 28, 2011, 이후 메디칼에서 AWP가 update 되지않아 그동안 사입가격 이하로 보상받은 많은 약들에 관해 오는 2월 20일 부터 개정된 AWP에의해 새로운 가격으로 Pay가 될것으로 기대되고 있고 또한 그동안의 underpaid된 부분까지 자동 조정해주겠다고 하는 반가운 소식입니다
Medi-Cal has also committed to performing retroactive price corrections shortly after the prospective updates begin on February 20th. These retroactive payments will be for all claims that were reimbursed below what AWP should have been paying during the freeze, back to September 28, 2011. Medi-Cal has indicated that the erroneous payment corrections will be made automatically by ACS, and that pharmacies will not have to submit additional claims.
4. Syringe Law….올해부터 30개까지 처방없이 팔 수 있다 합니다
Beginning January 1, 2012, physicians and pharmacists may furnish or sell up to 30 syringes without a prescription to adults 18 years of age or older for disease prevention purposes (SB 41).
- 이경우 꼭 sharps container 를 약국에 준비해 놓으셔야 합니다
5. CPhA Membership: 전 약사회원(CKAPhA)의 가주약사회원(CPhA) 가입을 강추(강력추천)합니다. 가입비 $150 을 협회로 보내 주시기바랍니다.
아래 Tony Park약사/변호사 의 글 참고하시길 바랍니다…. In politics, the biggest number of people and the biggest money spent on lobbying usually wins political battles. If we want to make strides towards preventing future attacks on pharmacy, and if we want to promote pharmacy’s scope of practice to include cognitive services and be recognized as health care providers in the truest sense, then we must join forces and present ourselves as a unified body. The best way to do that right now is to be counted as a member of CPhA. Of course, there are many other ways to help advance our profession’s interests, but none of it matters if we are not all part of the same unified team. That team right now is CPhA.